Tuesday, January 1, 2008

History of Us--How Did We Get Here?


Pufferfish (39) and Chicken (32), live in NYC and travel every chance we can.  We are in an 9 1/2-year relationship and have been TTC for 18 months.  Perhaps we started too late.  After 8 IUI's, 1 BFP, 1 m/c, 2 failed/cancelled IVF cycles, I've given up on my own eggs, but not my body.
We finally switched to using my (younger) partner's eggs.
On my 40th birthday, June 6, 2009 we did the transfer of 2 perfect blasts that resulted in 2 perfect babies.
The pregnancy was without major complications until the end.
My 38 week due date was Feb. 6, 2010 but my body had other plans as I developed pre eclampsia and then HELLP syndrome.
My twins were delivered at 35 weeks, 5 days via C-Section at 5:53pm Jan. 21, 2010.  After a brief overnight in the NICU for Max and a night in the transitional nursery for Sebastian, we were all reunited the following day and came home 3 days later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nature was telling you that your genes are trash...

Anonymous said...

Fuck you