Thursday, January 24, 2008

Skiing Solo

Well, it seems that everyone CAN'T just drop things at the last minute and go skiing in Tahoe.
Except me. I'm the only one to sign up for the team ski trip at the end of our retreat.
The plan was that we would car-pool next Wednesday night with people from our SF office to South Lake Tahoe. As a team, we would stay until Friday.
Based on this knowledge, I booked a lodge from Friday-Monday and Katie redeemed frequent flier miles for a ticket to Reno so we could have a long ski weekend.
I booked my ticket into SF, but out of Reno.

It's now the day before I am flying out to SF. I mention to someone in passing if they are going on the ski trip. They give me a quizzical look and reply "no, the ski trip was canceled because nobody signed up for it".
Heh, no one but me! They forgot to tell me the ski trip was canceled!!! Hello? I have a ticket out of RENO. I have a place to stay starting Friday. My partner is meeting me in Tahoe!
At the end of the day, my company agreed to pay for my plane ticket from SF-Reno and two nights lodging in Tahoe, plus some meals.

That's what you get for planning at the last minute, folks....

I'm going to see if K can come earlier...

No comments: