Friday, February 15, 2008

Good to Go!

My RE called me yesterday on Valentine’s Day and it was a lovely phone call. It made me like him even more. Honestly, I assumed given my age and (slightly) elevated FSH that he would be willing to try an IUI but with meds. Nope. This is what he said, “You know, the problem we have here is that we don’t know anything about your fertility. I mean, you haven’t even tried, right? (right!). So for all we know you could be an incredibly fertile woman. Most women who come to me have already been trying and they know there is a problem, but we don’t know anything about you at all. So, let’s try a few IUI without meds and then go from there.”

How beautiful is that? I mistakenly thought because he’s the head of a big fertility clinic and we all know it’s about the numbers that he would push for the his best outcome for the numbers. But he didn’t.

I am so happy to think that this time next month I’ll be getting myself sperminated. FINALLY! Let’s get this show on the road!!!
Thanks Dr. VID, that was a great Valentine’s Day phone call.

No comments: