Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Post Insemination Acupuncture


The way acupuncture for fertility works is you have a pre and a post insemination session and in between you go for a balancing session.  Since I started going the same month I did my first IUI, I don't know how beneficial it is as they say it usually takes a couple of months to balance your Qi/Chi.  But when I arrived today she told me that she'd had three other women in sessions that day who told her they were pregnant.  Purely coincidental?  Possibly.  But I'll take good signs where I can find them!

I feel like I'm trying to create this perfect balance of (1) not wanting to expect to be pregnant because statistically the odds of that happening are so small and (2) keeping positive about the fact that I could be pregnant because women-even of my age-do get pregnant on their first try.
I do pretty much consider this try kind of like a trial run and am not getting my hopes up, but nevertheless, I can't help but be a little excited that maybe, just maybe, I'm going to get pregnant easily.

A girl can hope.

No comments: