Sunday, March 30, 2008

Swamp Thang

One thing I've always wanted to do is get out on the bayou in an airboat.  These things get up to about 50 mph and can get in narrow canals functioning in water as shallow as 1/8 inch.
Sunday morning found us, six in the boat with noise cancelling earphones on roaring down the intercoastal waterway to the Jean Lafitte bayou.
Not only was it gorgeous scenery, but it was a blast!  

We went with Airboat Adventures and while I don't necessarily think feeding 'swamp crack' to the gators is the right thing to do, I admit it's pretty funny to see alligators eat marshmallows.  Unless of course they don't know what they are...
I even got to hold a baby alligator which was awesome.  He was making these little grunting noises and it was totally adorable! Soft, oh so soft.  Yes, I can see why they make shoes out of you--but I will not buy them!

We saw over 20 alligators in the one and 1/2 hour tour, a great way to start off Sunday morning.

No comments: