Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Bullets Because I'm Tired

Training Day
  • The training course yesterday was challenging to say the least.
  • I had to learn a 2-week course of HTML in 7 hours.
  • There were only 3 of us in the class and the other 2 had taken an HTML class before.
  • I am not a techie at ALL.
  • Right about 1pm I thought I might burst into tears from frustration.
  • I did not.
  • I don't do well with being in last place.
  • I'm still exhausted.
What is This Reddish Stuff?
  • It's sporadically in my CM and when I use the loo since Day 19.
  • I ovulated on Day 17.
  • There's no way I could be starting my period.
  • It's now Day 21.
  • Internet says "mid-cycle spotting is normal".
  • Not normal for me.
  • Acupuncturist gave me herbs to warm my qi.
  • I'm running cold these days (and my temps prove it).
  • Let me say it one more time: It was a good month to take a break.
Who's Moving to Florida?
  • Not us.
  • Thanks for all of your comments--they sent me to reality check land.
  • We will continue to visit relatives for the free sun and sand.
  • I am trying to embrace the freezing--whoops, brisk!--wind on my walk to work and back.
On Bars and Lesbians
  • I like lesbians--obviously--I married one.
  • I have a great group of lesbian friends and I really like hanging out with them.
  • But not at bars.
  • I don't put myself in a box that says "lesbian" on the label because that's not 'who' I am.
  • Lesbian bars make me very boxed in and uncomfortable.
  • NYC bar flies seem to be like the popular clique in HS. They all look the same and act the same and have the same haircut.
  • Over it.
  • Glad to hear others don't "get it" either!
If you're interested in Irish history in the 1920's, I strongly recommend the movie, "The Wind That Sha.kes the Barley". Excellent film, even if I did have to turn on the subtitles to understand the thick Irish brogue.

Well, that turned into a long post after all.

5 comments:

mulberry said...

some days bullets are just the way to go!
- training day sounds like a bear
- red where/when it doesn't belong is startling
- glad you aren't heading south, and it *is* the south!
- never liked 'em (bars) love the gals, so long as they leave the boxes and game playing at the curb

N said...

I'm not in NYC, but man, I don't get it, either. I've been over it for years. Oy.

Hope you get some rest soon!

tbean said...

Good--stay out of Florida! (At least for permanent residence)

I hate bars--lesbian or otherwise. And I'm not really a Lesbian with a capital L either... That label/identity really doesn't work for me.
(but I still heart my wife) :)

Carrie said...

i feel very similar to you - i often feel very uncomfortable at lesbian bars. when im there, it feels like im accepting that being gay completely defines who i am - and where i can hang out. as though us gays need our separate drinking fountains. i usually end up going to straight bars. i dont even frequent the castro in general, either. having said that, sometimes it's nice to be somewhere with "no fear" - of being judged badly or even worse, be attacked. we're still too nervous to hold hands in public, even though we live in the SF Bay Area. i have just seen/heard too much anti-gay attack stories to feel comfortable. sucks!

2girlsandtheirfamily said...

Glad you girls are staying put in the north, we can suck up the cold winters together ;) Now, where can one get a bunny ski hat and a muggers mask?