Friday, November 14, 2008

Killing Frogs on the Highway

It wasn't supposed to be this way. I barely made my connection. K was not so lucky. They closed the gates right as she ran up (we were not on the same flight) and she was denied boarding.

She became that person who screams at the gate agent and almost gets security called on her. This is a woman who travels too much, has too many flight delays to deal with every week and she snapped. When she finally calmed down enough (she was told no one would help her until she stopped using profanity), they issued her a ticket to Orlando (an hour and 1/2 away) and I found myself driving at midnight to pick her up.

I was amazed at the amount of frogs hopping on the highway in the dark of the night. I had no choice; splat. I love frogs, I'm so sorry froggies.

Unfortunately she had so much work today she never got out of her p.j.'s until 5pm, so I held court at the pool by myself (Gram doesn't go outside in the sunshine--why is she in Florida???). Just me and the old ladies (who smoke--so gross!) doing leg lifts in the shallow end.

Got back to the house in time to see a bobcat prowling around on the back wall and later tonight, the space shuttle lifted off--rocket red skies at night.

Weather wise, I heart this place. I could live here with the warm sea breezes, curtains billowing in the wind, palm trees rustling. I love it. We love it.
Someday....we will be closer to the equator. Someday...

1 comment:

giggleblue said...

damn. i've been that person cussing at the gate too. fucking airline travel.