Friday, April 10, 2009

All About the Puffers

I cribbed this from another blog.  Seems like a good Friday thing to do...

♥ What are your middle names?
Mine - Lea, K's - Elizabeth

♥ How long have you been together?
Nine years this summer

♥ How long did you know each other before you started dating?
About 3 days.  Ha!  It's true.

♥ Who asked who out?
We were at a bar and K asked me out.  It took about 3 dates to click and we've been together since then.

♥ How old are each of you?
Me - 39, K - 31

♥ Whose siblings do/ did you see the most?
K.’s brother, at least once a month as he lives here. The other brother lives in L.A. and we see only a couple of times a year.  My brothers and I grew up separately and aren't close.

♥ Do you have any children?
Nope.

♥ What about pets?
3 cats (two 17 year olds and a 4.5 year old that were mine and K has adopted)

♥ Which situation is the hardest on you as a couple?
K's parents put a lot of pressure on her and her father makes her crazy.  But, things are a lot better than they used to be.

♥ Did you go to the same school?
No. She went to Vassar and NYU Stern and I went to UT Austin.

♥ Are you from the same home town?
No.  I don't have a home town.  I've lived in over 30 locations!  K has lived in the same house in upstate NY her entire life.

♥ Who is smarter?
Hmm....she has the MBA, so she's book smart and business smart for sure.  I think she's brilliant.  I am smarter with finances related to budgeting and common sense.

 Who is more sensitive?
This is K for sure.

♥ Where do you eat out most as a couple?
We don't have a fave, there are so many options in this city we could eat every meal out for a year and never repeat. We love Asian and Indian the most.

 Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple?
Probably South East Asia; Indonesia and Thailand

♥ Who has the craziest exes?
K has some crazy ex's but I do too.  I probably have more because I'm older and dated more women before her.  Hmm, I just thought about the 13 years of dating before K, yep it's me.  I dated the crazies.  Way too many crazies.

♥ Who has the worse temper?
K.

♥ Who does the cooking?
K is the better cook and I am the better baker.  However, I can cook quite well, too and K does not bake.  Lately, I've been cooking all the meals and baking since I'm not working.  But really, she's an excellent cook.  She almost became a chef instead of getting her MBA.

♥ Who is more social?
We are both very social, but I'm probably more so.  I just went diving on a live aboard boat and was dubbed the "social coordinator", so yeah...I'll talk to anyone.

♥ Who is the neat-freak?
Me!

♥ Who is more stubborn?
I am.

 Who hogs the bed?
We have a double and I'd say it's the CATS who hog the bed, not us!

♥ Who wakes up earlier?
I am much better in the mornings than K, but we both wake up about the same time.

♥ Where was your first date?
Baramundi on the Lower East Side.  We've never been back.

♥ Who has the bigger family?
K does.  She has an extended hippy family of people who aren't related to her but she grew up with as "aunts" and "cousins".  In fact, when her parents divorced, her mom ended up marrying her "uncle" and her "cousins" became her step siblings.  They are a weird bunch and I'm so happy they are my family, too.

♥ Do you get flowers often?
Yes!  In fact, K brought home flowers two days ago!

♥ How do you spend the holidays?
Together, at her father's for Christmas Eve and her mother's for Christmas Day.  My family are born-again Southern Baptists and there will be no religious holidays spent with them.

♥ How long did it take to get serious?
About 3 dates.

♥ Who eats more?
K eats more.

♥ Who does/ did the laundry?
I do it all.

♥ Who’s better with the computer?
We each know different things so it's a nice balance.

♥ Who drives when you are together?
We don't own a car.  I'm better with stick, so if it's international, I drive.  Local, if we rent, she usually drives as I can't stand the traffic getting out of the city.  It all depends.  We switch off.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The similarities between you and K and Cat and I are uncanny. You two sound like a perfect match! Thanks for helping me pass the last few minutes at work this Friday afternoon! It was fun to read.