Monday, September 21, 2009

17 Week Recap

How Far Along? 17 weeks

Total Weight Gained/Loss? +16lbs

Maternity Clothes: I am full on with the maternity pants and jeans. I don't need any maternity shirts yet and am able to still wear a lot of my pre-pregnancy shirts and some of Chicken's shirts.
I still haven't bought any new bras, but it's on the list...

Sleep? Much tossing and turning. Hip pain is now added on to the calf pain. I got up in the middle of the night a couple of times this week and did stretches on the floor before returning to bed.
The fact that my nose is stuffy also makes it hard to sleep.

Aches and Pains? My nose is even stuffier--even to the point that there's been some blood, but I didn't have a true headache all week. I have a little bit of lower back pain, but not too much. My gums have started to massively bleed when I brush them, so it's time to make that 2nd trimester dentist appointment.
My stomach started to feel very tight and stretched this past week. It is especially bad at night when it feels like it just can't get any tighter. In the morning, it's all back to normal.
This means I must eat my 2 biggest meals for breakfast and lunch and do all activity before 5pm, because after that it starts getting harder just to walk with this tightness and shortness of breath.

Best Moment of the Week?
Instead of staying home this past week, Chicken put me in her suitcase and we christened it "Take Your Puffer to Work Week". It was great to be with her all week long.
I missed the furballs at home, but Fab C was doing a great job giving them loads of kitty love. Thanks Fab C!
Having our monthly brunch with the New York City-area TTC Bloggers and meeting the new baby.
Going to a Rosh Hashanah outdoor tea party hosted by my favorite gay.
Getting a free EZ to Nurse Breast feeding Pillow and 5 free child/twin books.

Movement: Still feeling the same ticklish movements. Since I know which side each baby is on, I can tell if it's Shadow Boxer boxing me or Chicklet tickling me. I love it.

Food Craving: No cravings, still red meat loading.

Food Aversions: None.

Morning sickness? None.

Gender: It's either a boy or a girl. Or two of each.

Labor Signs: Nope.

Belly Button: Looks the same.

What I miss: Walking for hours without having to pee. Now, I feel like I have to stop about every 15-20 minutes! Breathing normally. I definitely have the classic shortness of breath when walking.

What I'm looking forward to: The O/B appt on September 24th. Another u/s to reassure me the kidlets are still alright.

Weekly Wisdom: Trying to drink a gallon of water a day is hard work. Maybe you can do it, but I can't. Yet.
Keep walking, swimming, doing your pre-natal yoga and strengthening exercises. They are so good for you.

Milestones: I think I am actually starting to look pregnant this week

2 comments:

Two Moms, Two Monkeys said...

Hey where is the pic??

Meredith said...

I love your update format.

Perhaps a pictorial belly button progression is in order?