Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Week 13 Recap

How Far Along? 13 weeks

Total Weight Gained/Loss? +7lbs

Maternity Clothes: Mostly in my regular clothes, but started a box full of things I either can no longer wear or don't feel comfortable wearing. Still not showing to the outside world, but my friends notice the tiny 'bump'. Still using the rubberband trick with my pants or leaving them unbuttoned. Feel fuller through my hips and thighs as well.

Sleep? Still loving sleep, but no longer need naps. Unfortunately, my sleep has been a bit disruptive. The pee breaks are slowing down to usually only one a night, but I feel myself tossing and turning more than usual.

Aches and Pains? I am also waking up with headaches. Most of the time they go away within the hour, but not always. I got away virtually headache-free for the first trimester, but now they are back and it's not fun.

Best Moment of the Week? Joining the NYC T.wins C.lub and finding their classifieds and forums section. Within days of joining we aquired 2 Infant Graco carseats, a snap-n-go stroller frame, a Baby Bjorn, a jumper/swinger thing that hangs from the doorway, 18 Born Free bottles, and a huge bag full of burp clothes and swaddling blankets--all from the same twin mom--FOR FREE!
Also, the monthly NYC-TTC blogger brunch where I got to catch up with old friends and meet new babies.

Movement: Nope and burping is still going but not very often. Just when I am hungry.

Food Craving: No real cravings. Can't think of anything. In fact, I was expecting to be really hungry and I'm not. I'm not exactly having to make myself eat, but my body is not doing the job I thought it would.

Food Aversions: Chicken and I are still not friends. I doubt I'll ever want Cuban food again.

Morning sickness? None, except I still gag a little when brushing my teeth. This has happened since week 6.

Gender: It's either a boy or a girl. Or two of each.

Labor Signs: No, thank God

Belly Button: Still there.

What I miss: My wife who is always traveling.

What I'm looking forward to: My OB appt and u/s next week which will be the first one truly out of the 'danger zone'.

Weekly Wisdom: Drink lot of water

Milestones: Walking around Brooklyn and Prospect Park on a super hot day with high, high humidity. I used to love summer, but the heat really zaps me now. I'm glad we were able to spend the day in the park and all I got was heatrash on my belly!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Holy crap me...that is a lot of really good free stuff!!!!!! Amazing resource.

mama bea, bao in the oven said...

Wow, y'all have been really racking up the finds! Nice work!