Friday, November 27, 2009

So Thankful

Thanksgiving was great and I spent it with some amazing people. When I am surrounded by Chicken's family, I am reminded of how much love all of these people have for each other and how they support and accept us.
My own family is nothing like that and this pregnancy has weeded out even more of my family members that I have mentally checked off. More on that later...

I am so thankful to have married into this amazing family and that there are so many of us pregnant at the same time (there are now 4 of us pregnant, 3 due within 30 days of each other, the other one due in June).
Next Thanksgiving, in addition to the 5 little kids that are already part of our extended family, we will have 5 babies under one year old!

It's going to be insane, but I can't wait for our children to have the most amazing people to grow up around. I see how close Chicken is to her family and cousins--again, it's the complete opposite of how I grew up--and I can't wait to give them the experience of a real family.

It's all the most amazing gift I've been given and I couldn't be more thankful.

4 comments:

Next in Line said...

That will be so fun having all those babies at the same time.

tireegal68 said...

What a great family and how much more fun you are going to have with all those babies -so gladfor you both!

vee said...

How cool that your little ones will have so much baby company. Our boy has a cousin just a few weeks older and it's lovely.

tbean said...

Glad you had such a great holiday. COUSINS! Must feel amazing to be part of the pregnant circle after standing on the outside looking in for so long.