Sunday, December 13, 2009

We Are SO Ready (in some ways)

This morning's conversation went like this: (Warning--poop talk of the non-human kind will be found below. Read at your own risk).

Chicken: Was there poop outside the box this morning?
Puff: Yeah.
Chicken: Diarrhea?
Puff: No, thank god. Solid!
Chicken: Oh good. So much easier to clean up. Tootsie rolls?
Puff: Yeah!
Chicken: Light or Dark?
Puff: Light, so it was Savvy. The dark ones are always Bunny (he rarely goes outside the box).
Chicken: Yeah. But damn, why can't she go in the box?
Puff: I don't know...I don't know. Everyday, I never know what she's going to do.

So, there you have it. We have been analyzing cat poop for so many years and cleaning it up (18 years and counting for me) that it shouldn't be that hard to switch to diaper poo.

Another topic completely is the slowly-going-senile-completely-unpredictable-if-she-will-poop-in-the-box-or-not-today cat, Savvy.
I really don't know how we're going to handle her and twins.

3 comments:

Schroedinger said...

Wee-wee pads! When Gretchen got like that, we took to papering under & around the box with wee-wee pads-- Then when she did go outside the box, it was just a matter of picking up the pad and replacing it. SO much better than scrubbing messy poop or pee from the floor day after day!

Anonymous said...

Oh, don't get me started on cat box problems or I may pinch my sleeping cat on the butt just out of spite. The only thing that helped with ours was turning her into an indoor/outdoor cat. Many fights between Cat and I (I was for it and Cat was very against)before she finally gave in and it was the BEST decision. Sorry you don't have that option too. At least you are prepared for green diapers!

Gayby Rabies said...

Nothing like pets to get you ready for diapers! You know it's bad when you can identify each pet by the color of their poo.