Sunday, October 10, 2010

Of Course

The day before the photo shoot the toilet breaks and then water overflows from the tank flooding our bathroom, hallway and closet. Many things are ruined, including the hairdryer. We get everything cleaned and fixed quickly by management and we will be reimbursed, but I have no time to go buy another hair dryer.
This equals a not-so-good hair day for the family photo shoot.
And of course the babies wake up at 5:45 am and are super cranked out by 8:15 and cry for TWENTY-FIVE minutes before finally falling asleep for a mere 22 minute nap.
That is the worst nap since....June? July? A very, very long time.
They woke up before I could even shower and eat. Well, I got the shower in anyway.

So OF COURSE, when the photographer shows up at 10am, they are both fussy McFusspants and W2 who is pretty much Mr. Super Smiley these days isn't in the mood to smile at all.
And of course, since Grunter has learned to crawl he Does.Not.Want.To.Sit.Still (or smile) making it very, very hard to get a good photo of the two of them together.
Urgh.
Chicken took the photographer out for lobster rolls and she's coming back after they get up from their afternoon naps. Thank GOD. I hope the afternoon session goes better!!

I'm using the same photographer as the one who did my maternity photo shoot .

2 comments:

cindyhoo2 said...

Oh my goodness. I hope the babies get into a happier place. Traumatic day!

Anonymous said...

Oh god, did you cry too? I would have. We had the babies photo shoot at 3 weeks old and they pretty much slept the whole time. Phew.

Hope things went better in the afternoon.