Thursday, February 10, 2011

Benefits

The only benefit of a sick baby are the cuddles.


We've been battling icky sicky for over a week now. There are vomit stains in my carpet. I've experienced a baby throwing up in my mouth (I was holding him). There have been many horrific poopy explosions where it's easiest to put the baby straight in the tub.

On top of everything--they do not want to nap. They want to be held constantly and nurse constantly and I am only one person. My arms hurt and my back aches and we are all exhausted with 4am wakings.
Chicken has been in the studio for work and blessedly HN was free for more hours this week.

Yesterday was too cold for a stroller nap and putting them in their cribs resulted in the most anguished cries ever.
I never saw my life as it is but there we were: 2 women dancing to Bob Marley in a darkened living room while a baby swayed in the Ergo. W2 soon fell asleep humming to himself but from 1:20 I tried tour de boob, dancing, walking, pacing the hallways, taking a tour of the elevator, climbing the back stairs and finally another tour de boob which did the trick at 3:44.
Of course....W2 woke up at 3:45 and was pissed seeing Grunter on my boob. The tears.

Oh--and they are renovating the apartments next to and above us for the next 4-6 weeks. Demolition crews all day long. Its beyond loud As if napping weren't difficult enough!
Yesterday they turned our water off all day. You couldn't even flush the toilet. So gross but extremely embarrassing with HN there! A line was crossed.

Today Chicken took the morning off, let me rest a bit in the REAL bed (oh god how I miss my bed!) and then when HN arrived sent me out to get coffee and a massage. How awesome is she?
She told me not to come home until I was relaxed. I told her I'd be home next week.

The boys are feeling much better today. I miss their smiles and laughter and playing with them. Soon, this craziness will be a hazy memory and we will all be back to normal.

It's even colder today...I see another Ergo dance party this afternoon. That was the scene in my living room when I left. You do what you've got to do.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

5 comments:

Marcia (123 blog) said...

poor babies and poor you!

How much time is HN normally there during the day?

I love what you said to Chicken about being back next week LOL

P.S. I linked to that brunch post on my blog today :)

Anonymous said...

{{{}}} That has to be terribly difficult with 2 little sickies. I hope they are on the mend and you are back to normal life soon!

N said...

Poor guys (and poor you)! I hope they feel better soon.

Next in Line said...

Puffer you are amazing.
xoxox

K J and the kids said...

OMG you poor tired thing.
I hope everyone is feeling better REALLY soon.