Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Gluten Free Almond Cakes

I'm sharing this as I've made these for so many people, they're a big hit and they always ask for the recipe, adapted from Elana's Pantry.
Our family is not gluten free but a number of my friends are and I know it's becoming more and more common.

I have a number of 'pancake' recipes that I make for my toddlers, but I call them 'cakes' because
who doesn't want cake?!  Even if you call them cakes, they are packed full of protein and are a healthy snack for kids
These are perfect for travel or a nice afternoon treat.

If you want to really to indulge, spread with Nutella and enjoy!


Almond (Pan) Cakes

  1. In a large bowl whisk together eggs, water, vanilla and honey
  2. Add almond flour, salt and baking soda and mix until thoroughly combined
  3. Heat coconut oil on skillet over medium low to medium heat
  4. Scoop 1 heaping tablespoon of batter at a time onto the skillet
  5. Pancakes will form little bubbles, when bubbles open, flip pancakes over and cook other side
  6. Remove from heat to a plate
  7. Repeat process with remaining batter, add more oil to skillet as needed
Yields 18 small pancakes

No comments: