Thursday, October 11, 2012

The Hits Just Keep Coming

I know everyone thinks their kids say the darndest things and I agree.
Kids DO say some amazing things.
I'm sharing these more so I don't forget how wonderful and imaginative they are at this age, but I hope they provide you a smile or laugh as well.

Sebastian:

  • On observing the letter 'C':  "They busted this letter O open so it's a rainbow."
  • On me looking at a red spot on Max's face and asking him if it was a mosquito bite:  "That mossie is going to get time out.  He is not supposed to bite."
  • While suggesting animals while singing 'Old MacDonald Had a Farm':  "Jellyfish!"  What does a jellyfish sound like? "Sting Sting Here!"  and "Lobster!"  What does a lobster sound like? "Pinch Pinch Here!"
  • On dinosaurs:  "I do not like the dinosaurs with the big teeth, but I like the duck billed plat-puss dinosaur.  He does not have teeth and will not bite me."
  • On returning home to NYC after a visit upstate to Nana's where the house the cold, it rained and he was forced to wear clothing (Nana's rule, not mine):  "I like to be home where I am not cold and I can be naked."

Max:

  • On meeting my friend Sid who lives in Hong Kong:  "That is a place not in America.  We live in America."
  • On being asked, by another mother, where the train was going while playing on the playground: "Cambodia!" (She then looked at me and said, "For real?  My kid doesn't even know the word Cambodia.")
  • On looking at some motorcycles parked on the curb, "Here, we cannot ride these.  But in some other places maybe we can."  Me, "Really, like what other places?"  Max, "Um, I think Thailand.  The place with the spirit houses."
  • On admiring my necklace:  "You always wear this mommy?"  Yes.  "You think it's pretty mommy?"  I do.  "I do, too.  Maybe I can have a necklace with a Buddha, huh Mommy?  Maybe you can find one for me to wear like you?"

These are some of the recent bits of dialogue that have stayed with me.  Although this age is tough in so many ways, I love their ability to communicate and think for themselves.  It's such a fascinating developmental process and I'm (overall) really enjoying this age.



3 comments:

Strawberry said...

Love it. They're crazy/clever at this age. We just started writing down Curly-isms, too- they're getting too good not to.

tireegal68 said...

Such bright sparks!! You're right it's so fun!
I was looking at Isobel tonight while she did some wonderful cat meow expressions and thinking that this is such a fun, cute time, but they will never remember it! We need to have ways to remember and tell them too.

cat said...

Oh gosh these are so cute and so grown up for their age!